2 Feb 2013

(Anti?) Social Networking

O.k, so I haven't been at this selling stuff lark for very long at all. If I am honest, I was just going to stick my stuff on Folksy/Etsy and see how it went. I have actually had more sales than I thought I would (I was expecting zero, so anything is a bonus) so I am glad that I have started the ball rolling.

But oh my goodness me, I had no idea how time consuming and addictive this whole self-promotion thing would be......The extent of my online presence has until now been limited at most, liking other people's silly photos, and posting up a few of my own on Facebook. I did do a bit of reading up and knew that it was a good idea to get yourself out there. NOWHERE did it say that my children would have to change their own nappies, cook their own tea and take themselves off to bed because Mummy had her head in the laptop 12 hours a day. Well not quite that bad, but you get the idea. Luckily for them, I've only been at it a couple of weeks, and it's only been over the last couple of days that I have had the feeling that I am slightly losing the plot. Checking my phone at 5am to see if I've had anymore Facebook likes, long after the child who has woken me has gone back to sleep. Feel free to click here and give me a like. See I can't help myself! 

Will it all be worth it? Who knows! I am trying to use my time online more efficiently as my time is limited and it's no good having an online shop with nothing to sell. My husband has quite appreciated it though, as he gets to watch whatever (rubbish) he wants on the TV without me interfering by trying to have a real life, non virtual conversation.

One thing I have realised is that everyone I have 'met' online on the various forums have been really supportive and encouraging. It may take some time to really get things going, but at least I am being spurred on to at least believe I can build up a little empire of my own.

2 comments:

  1. Hi! I have liked your fb page, from my personal one - I am in the process of setting up one for my blog/shop, so once that is up and running I will like you on that page too!

    thedustyatticblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :-) I'll return the favour when you're up and running!

      Delete